Durable Medical Equipment
Are you a resident of Chatham County and recently had surgery, broken a leg, or encountered some other reason you need to borrow durable medical equipment? We have donations from the community of things like walkers, shower chairs, potty chairs, canes, and more that we can lend until you’re back on your feet. Basically, if we’ve got it in the pharmacy, you can borrow it. Just treat it gently, clean it up, and return it when you’re done.
Accessing Prescription Services
In order to access our prescription services, you need to come to our office in downtown Siler City, NC. Before we can provide services, we will need to have the following:
- a current prescription
- proof of monthly household income, identity, and proof of residence
- a completed application for our services
The application can be completed while in our office.
We bring prescription assistance to people without health insurance and to those who are least able to afford prescription drugs. Patients must:
- be a Chatham County resident;
- be uninsured;
- not be eligible for Medicaid or Medicare Part D;
- have income at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines;
- not be participating in any other drug assistance program;
- provide photo ID and Social Security card;
- provide proof of residency (utility bill, banks statement or medical bill);
- provide proof of income for the household (including pay stubs, copies of income tax forms, copy of social security award letter, or an employer statement regarding patient’s pay); and
- provide copies of the last two (2) months of bank statements (for any type of bank account).
Please note: Some prescriptions may not be filled due to limited in-stock medications. We do not dispense any narcotics or controlled substances.
Download the application
If you would like to download the Chatham CARES Community Pharmacy prescription assistance application, click here.